Sunday, 11 March 2007

lazy sunday

Lucas and I ventured out into the garden this morning to take advantage of the sunshine. We discovered masses of weeds where our bedding plants are supposed to grow, so we spent almost an hour pulling weeds out. There are some more in the bird bath area, but I had to stop as my hips were starting to hurt. Lucas stayed on a bit longer to make mudpies, and threaten the weeds with getting beaten with sticks if they insist on growing again. He's now watching Robots, lunch is in the oven, and I'm giving my hips the rest they deserve, while planning the rest of the afternoon for the boy and me.

I'm going back to work tomorrow, so I'm feeling a bit apprehensive. I have a lot of catching up to do, and I also need to make sure the person who's going to cover for me while I'm on maternity leave won't have any problems finding his/her way through the work that he/she needs to do.

In the meantime, here are snapshots from Friday and Saturday:


Zen and the duck (later christened Snackie by the boy) showing each other some amigurumi love.


I was so pleased with how the duck turned out so I thought I'd reward him with a view of the world from my window.


And here he is, perched on top of my special amigurumi stash box.



This one I took on Saturday morning. Lucas saw me sorting my amigurumi things, and volunteered to stuff the unfinished cat. I'm so glad to have my little helper around!


Here's my boy again, and Zen chilling out on the pillow.


That's not a dark cloud over his head.


Zen and the art of being idle.

No comments: