Wednesday, 18 April 2007

card making

I've been feeling really stressed lately, as I'm feeling a lot of pressure at work to make everything ready for when I go on maternity leave in four weeks. I think I could have coped better if I weren't in a lot of pain and discomfort, but I guess life was not meant to be simple and pain-free for me right now.

Still, I manage to find a little happiness in little things. I'm crocheting a blanket (and it's a ripple one!) for Bump right now, and I just hope it will be ready before she comes out. I have other craft projects to finish, mostly amigurumi stuff. Right now, I'm just craving to make a little pin cushion for myself. But since I have two deadlines to meet this week, that might have to wait until the weekend.

I've also managed to make and send these cards to some good friends. The birthday card was for my ethereally beautiful friend E, who looks like Holly Golightly, hence the Holly and Cat card. She sent me an e-mail last night saying she loved it, which is absolutely wonderful. I made the other two cards for friends who are expecting and sent them off with little tubs of bump butter.





The colours don't register well on-screen, but I think it's because I used a low resolution when I scanned the cards. Anyway, there are more pictures filling up my Moleskine sketchbook. I'd like to do proper watercolours in it, but the paper doesn't seem to absorb watercolours well, which is a real shame. I always end up using watercolour pencils instead which I just wash ever so carefully with tiny amounts of water.

No comments: