Friday, 13 March 2009

i was going to post about bread . . .

. . . but I watched 'American Idol' last night (we get it a day late here in the UK) and I'm still feeling blown away by Adam Lambert's performance. I never thought I'd ever get into watching something like 'American Idol' but as soon as I caught a glimpse of this really cute guy with the glam rock look and heard him sing (the voice, the range, the confidence!), I was hooked. More so when he spoke and my gaydar went off like mad, making me mutter 'Velvet Goldmine' over and over like a mantra.

Anyway, I'm so glad he's been doing really well. Even Simon (my husband, not Mr Cowell, although he was very impressed too) liked his rendition of 'Black and White' last night. I'm in full fag hag mode again. I just love it whenever I find a beautiful, talented gay man to obsess with admire.

Here's a clip I found on YouTube of a number from 'The Ten Commandments the Musical' (with Val Kilmer playing Moses! No, he's not a great singer, but he had a good supporting cast). Adam must have lungs of steel; how he can sustain those high notes is a mystery to me. Yumminess.




I'll go back to regular programming and write about bread (my first attempt at baking brioche) in my next post.

No comments: